Monday, January 18, 2016

Disney Alone?

In my opinion, being at Disney alone would take all of the fun out of the experience. While some people might love being able to ride all the rides without waits or other people around them, the best part of being at a Disney park, for me, is spending time with the family or friends that I’m with. However, one of the things that I think is most interesting about Disney parks is how personal the experience is for each person. While I would find the idea of being at Disney World or Disneyland alone absolutely abhorrent, some of my classmates might welcome that opportunity.
I don’t mind standing in lines most of the time (unless it’s very hot or cold) because I enjoy spending that time just chatting with whomever I’m with. Especially with the new interactive queues, I actually find the time I spend waiting in lines enjoyable. It gives me a chance to talk with my family or friends, which I don’t always get to do in “normal life” outside of the parks. I think that’s why my family returns to Disney World again and again every year: because it gives us a place to simply be together with no worries or important schedules to adhere to. I have great memories of standing in lines with my parents and sister, my cousins, and family friends. It’s a great time to catch up on what’s been happening in each other’s lives and plan out the rest of your day.
In addition to loving spending time with my family, I actually really enjoy people watching and interacting with other guests. Nothing makes me happier than to watch a little girl meet her favorite princess (especially if she’s dressed up in that princess’s costume) or to see a grandparent experiencing a ride with their family. I love telling people wearing birthday buttons “Happy Birthday,” striking up conversations with the party behind me in a line, or the simple bond that forms between guests in the same ride vehicle. I am very guilty of watching the people around me because I like watching other guests’ interactions and seeing ‘magical moments’ happen. Thus, I think that being in the park alone would take away a lot of the fun for me.
While some people might like it, a lot of my joy in being in Disney parks is being around other people. I love both hanging out with my family and friends and seeing other people having great days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment